Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative environment. We employ top professionals in artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, speech recognition, human-computer interaction, game design, graphics arts, animation, media production, instructional design, project management, anthropology, linguistics, and foreign languages.
We are seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our growing development team.
Sr. Project Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Production
- 5+ years project management experience in software development
- 5+ years experience leading interdisciplinary teams
- 5+ years client/customer relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Military experience
- Government contract experience
- PMP or other Project Management certification
- Experienced in managing the development of e-learning courseware
- Customer focus
- Direct client and stakeholder management
- Strong team leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Familiarity with desktop computer, web, and mobile technologies
- Experience with project management software (e.g. MS Project)
- Experience with defect tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla)
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Ability to anticipate issues, identify future choke points and working ahead of time to alleviate potential issues
- Maintain oversight to multiple, complex projects
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Project Management staff
- Successfully manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Manage day-to-day project workflow and client interactions
- Develop productive, enjoyable client relationships
- Assist in the development and implementation of standardized project management processes
- Lead interdisciplinary teams of researchers, content developers, artists and software engineers to develop training courseware
- Identify and manage resources and requirements to meet schedules and objectives.
- Create and communicate detailed project plans, coordinate implementation processes, including progress tracking and reporting, and documentation
- Actively lead risk mitigation and management
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee and identify potential problems and solutions; lead problem resolutions
- Facilitate critical trade-off decisions between investment, schedule and customer benefit.
- Generate project management documentation, including design documents, software requirements documents, progress reports, meeting minutes, post-mortem reviews.
- Make project-related presentations to company management and clients
- Work closely with Customer Support Manager to respond to client needs and objectives
- Support business development efforts
This position requires US Citizenship for government clearance eligibility.
This position is full time and is on-site at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates only. No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.