ALELO’S MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to create revolutionary software solutions to help people become more effective communicators across languages and cultures worldwide.
Alelo (www.alelo.com) is an award-winning creator of innovative, computer-based “serious” games that utilize social simulation to teach intercultural communication skills. Our software incorporates state-of-the-art instructional design, social science, and patented avatar technology for socially intelligent virtual humans that interact with the learner in dynamic, immersive scenarios. Alelo’s products are available online, locally on a desktop, or on mobile devices, and are used extensively by government and military entities in the U.S, Australia, and the EU. We are currently expanding into commercial and educational markets.
Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly flexible, technically challenging, and collaborative environment.
See examples of our technologies and training solutions at //www.youtube.com/alelotlt/
Contract Position: Speech Recognition Consultant
We are seeking a project oriented Speech Recognition Consultant to expand our Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) technology. Your work will include:
- Develop and implement speech recognition modules for language-learning and other educational applications
- Configure speech and language technology components for new languages and domains.
- Retrain and maintain acoustic models with collected speech data
- Develop software tools for data gathering, data annotation, and component/model configuration management.
- Great opportunity for someone who likes to get things done and enjoys having real users employing the software he/she creates. Flexibility and curiosity to learn new technologies are very important.
Education and experience desired:
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or physics.
- 3+ years of experience building speech recognition applications. Experience with learner or non-native speech highly desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience with ASR engines such as HTK or Julius
- Experience programming with C/C++ and scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python).
- Experience with natural language processing highly desired.
- Experience with XML technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Unix/Linux (shell scripts, bash, cygwin) is a plus.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: game programming, AI, agents, education software
Other requirements include:
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and deliver results.
- Good communication skills.
- Good design skills and the ability to work with and integrate several diverse technologies.
- US citizens or permanent residents only.
- Candidates local to (Southern) California strongly preferred.
To apply, please visit http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.