Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative environment. We employ top professionals in artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, speech recognition, human-computer interaction, game design, graphics arts, animation, media production, instructional design, project management, anthropology, linguistics, and foreign languages.
We are seeking a Content Developer/Anthropologist to join our growing development team. In this position, you will be involved in multiple facets of researching, designing, creating, and reviewing instructional content that leverages social simulation to teach communication skills.
Reports to: Manager of Content Development
- 3+ years of related work experience, which could include, but is not limited to, teaching language or culture, web content development, instructional content development, curriculum design, game design, academic research
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Linguistics, or related field
- Experience coordinating projects and/or leading small teams
- Master’s degree in Anthropology, Linguistics, or related field
- Ethnographic or linguistic fieldwork
- Knowledge of additional languages besides English
- Experience developing content for e-learning courseware
- Programming skills
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Experience living abroad
- Exemplary English writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven initiative and ability to work both independently and in small teams
- Sense of ownership and responsibility for work
- Authoring instructional content involving culture and/or language
- Designing and implementing conversations for instructional social simulations
- Recruiting, coordinating, and interviewing subject matter experts
- Conducting and validating research for courses
- Using proprietary and public software tools for organizing and implementing course content
- Collaborating and providing input on the work of other content developers
- Testing and bug-fixing of content
This position is full time and is on-site at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply, please visit http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings . No phone calls or recruiters, please.