Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative environment. We employ top professionals in artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, speech recognition, human-computer interaction, game design, graphics arts, animation, media production, instructional design, project management, anthropology, linguistics, and foreign languages.
We are seeking an Assistant Content Developer to join our growing development team. In this position, you will be involved in multiple facets of researching, designing, creating, and reviewing instructional content that leverages social simulation to teach communication skills.
Reports to: Manager of Content Development
- Authoring instructional content involving language and/or culture using Alelo’s proprietary software tools
- Designing and implementing branching conversations for instructional social simulations
- Conducting and validating research for courses
- Collaborating and providing input on the work of other content developers
- Testing and bug-fixing of content
- Assisting with other aspects of course production and creation, as needed
Skills and Experience must include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Linguistics, or related field
- Exemplary English writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven initiative and ability to work both independently and in small teams
- Sense of ownership and responsibility for work
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google Apps
- 1+ years of related work experience, which could include, but is not limited to, teaching language or culture, web content development, instructional content development, curriculum design, game design, academic research
- Knowledge of additional languages besides English
- Programming experience
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Experience living abroad
This position requires US Citizenship for government clearance eligibility.
This position is full time and is on-site at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates only. No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
To apply, please visit http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.