Academic Writer – CONTRACTOR
Alelo (www.alelo.com) is an award-winning creator of innovative, computer-based “serious” games that utilize social simulation to teach intercultural communication skills. Our software incorporates state-of-the-art instructional design, social science, and patented avatar technology for socially intelligent virtual humans that interact with the learner in dynamic, immersive scenarios. Alelo’s products are available online, locally on a desktop, or on mobile devices, and are used extensively by government and military entities in the U.S, Australia, and the EU.
We are seeking an Academic Writer – CONTRACTOR to join our development team. In this position, you will research and write instructional content for online pre-deployment cultural awareness training geared toward a military audience. The lessons you write will provide an
introduction to a particular country or region. The academic writer must adhere to specific guidelines regarding the style, tone, and scope, ensuring that the lesson is appropriate for the learning audience. Academic writers must be independent and thorough in their research for the final content to withstand numerous reviews. The academic writer will received guidance from the lead content developer on the design and development of these lessons, and will be required to visit Alelo’s headquarters for an orientation prior to starting work on a project.
Reports to: Lead Content Developer
- 3+ years of related work experience, which could include, but is not limited to, teaching language or culture, web content development,
instructional content development, curriculum design, academic research, journalistic writing
- Graduate degree in Anthropology, Linguistics, or related field
- Ability to write lessons for high school and undergraduate audiences
- Experience developing content for e-learning courseware
- Experience writing instructional content for a variety of reading comprehension levels
- Experience creating lesson plans
- Knowledge of additional languages besides English
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Experience living abroad
- Exemplary English writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and responsibility for work
- Proven track record of adhering to deadlines
- Conducting and validating research for courses
- Delivering bibliographies and lesson drafts as scheduled
- Responding to comments from content developers, clients, and stakeholders
Please provide at least two relevant writing samples.
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates only. No outsourcing companies. No agencies. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
To apply, please visit http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.